[plug] mandrake 9.4 startup

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 19 19:25:34 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <20040219111814.CFAF58C44 at spark.plug.linux.org.au>
on Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:19:03PM +0800, filpee wrote:
> Ok just had a look
> /etc/rc.local is a sym link to /etc/rc.d/rc.local and is read/execute to all
> (but not write)
>
> Is there a log file I can check to see if this file is being executed at
> boot?

Can you send us a copy of your additions to rc.local (just
copy-and-paste into an e-mail)? It is possible that there's a typo,
causing an error to be emitted to the console. That is, your machine
might be /attempting/ to use rc.local but ends up skipping the erroneous
line. If you like, I imagine you could also add something like this to
rc.local:

echo Yes, I ran > /tmp/if_I_am_missing_then_rc.local_was_not_run

You can then look for this file after booting.