[plug] removing files

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Feb 19 19:47:34 WST 2004

I'm got a problem I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.  I've got a
quarantine area of spam and virus that I need to sort through to find
the certain criteria.  When the criteria is met I need to delete /remove
the file.  There are over several thousand of these files in the
quarantine area.  I cannot just delete all of them as good file that are
registered as false positive are contained in the directory.

I'm thinking along the line of something like the following:
#1 generate a listing of magic word
lsting = `grep -r "magic word" ./
#2 This is where I get lost, I want to delete the contents of the
listing.  How can I do this?

Thanks

--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>