[plug] Hdd probs - IBM deskstar experiences?

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Fri Feb 20 08:37:36 WST 2004

> Speaking of capacitors, I have one on my video card (NVidia 4200Ti) which
is
> slowly spewing some orange stuff. Since it still works I'm ignoring it :)

Well, that is interesting. I had a PalitDaytona Video Card using Nvidia
4200ti.  It was in a windows machine, and I noticed occasionally the monitor
going 'off' and then 'on'. After a while, funny characters started appearing
on the screen.  It stopped working, then I noticed the capacitors on the
card were bloated and leaking. :(  The mainboard too also went crook, so I
am guessing there was something wrong with the P/S either from the case or
from the mainboard.  What a waste of a good video card !!

 Cheers