[plug] Random thought

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Mon Feb 23 06:32:06 WST 2004

Wonder if Codeweavers is going to get a Nastigram from M$ for having the temerity to use the "O" word in "Crossover Office"..? http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/cxoffice/?cw=893b83188e240a16897d99b47972df5a

It's a matter of principle and Intellectual Property, I'm sure they would/will say..

Sad, but if the copyright laws sneak in with this free trade agreement we _may_ end up with laws that silly.. In principle I support free trade, but don't accept stupidity as part of the bargain..

On the bright side, wonder if M$'s _inaction_ in enforcing "Office" as a trademark (being a generic word and all) would be ammo for Lindows/Lindash...

Anyway

Garry