[plug] USB mass storage and SD card

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Mon Feb 23 12:06:41 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 23/02/2004 12:04 PM
-----

                      Ben Jensz
                      <plug at jensz.id.au        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [plug] USB mass storage and SD card
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      23/02/2004 11:33
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>I've got a Minolta digital camera that plugs into USB and is seen by
>Linux as a mass storage device.  All I did was mount it and access the
>files stored on it as a separate filesystem.  I was using Fedora Core 1
>for that.

>So once its apparently mounted at a particular location, you can't see
>any files on it?  Or transfer any files to it?

I can still see the "original" USBMS, but I see no messages in the logs re
the SD card at all. And as I say, if I plug it into a W2K box, it sees 2
new drives, which it can write to and read from.

RM