[plug] Finding a font

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Feb 24 21:54:03 WST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:48:49 +0800 Harry <harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au> wrote:

> PLUGers

> I have a person who wants to view this site:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/
>
> and it works for me(tm) on mozilla and galeon under woody on
> my office machine.

An update on this font issue. It was in the Computer Angels distro.
I simply had to run Galeon instead of crappy old Netscape. Hmmm.
Thanks Cameron and James for the "works for me". Works for me too *blush*

To round out the story, people had been telling one of our Computer
Angels participants that it was _impossible_ to use the machine we
provided to connect to the internet and even more _impossible_ that it
would allow him to read international news in his own language.

It's a 90MHz Pentium with 32MB RAM and am 860MB hard disk. It is
quite slow to load the persian pages but so is my faster machine
(tho' not quite as slow).

Anyway, it works and the person went away very happy :-)
I've suggested that he show his "impossible" experts next time he's
online at the BBC/Urdu site ;-) Hope he does. Glee. Glee.

All the best
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/