[plug] Open Source PALM/PDA

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Feb 26 17:56:48 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 17:29, Tim White wrote:
> A friend of mine is looking for an Open Source Palm/PDA.

Well palm is a brand name but you can install ArmLinux or (I believe
NetBSD)on a Palm Pilot but I didn't install it on mine.

What prince range is your friend looking at?

You can get an iPaq and install the familiar distribution or even use a
Sharp Zaurus which was designed to run Linux anyway.

What does you friend plan to do with his PDA?

There is no perl port for PalmOS (at least according to CPAN) but there
is quite a bit of Palm software on sf.net. There is even a port of gcc.

regards,

Chris Caston
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.