[plug] burning an iso image to CD

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Feb 27 09:53:05 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 27/02/2004 09:49 AM
-----

                      "Jon  Miller"
                      <jlmiller at mmtnetwo        To:       <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      rks.com.au>               cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [plug] burning an iso image to CD
                      plug-admin at plug.li
                      nux.org.au

                      26/02/2004 11:03
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>These are from Novell.

>Thanks

What I do is

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/mnt/downloads/xxxxx.iso        =====  expect this to
whine about running out of input - that's ok
cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 /mnt/downloads/xxxxx.iso

The reason I do this is I have both CD reader and burner on the same IDE
channel, and this gives me a) a copy in case I wish to burn another b)
faster burning.

RichardM