[plug] next Installfest?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 27 18:36:07 WST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 14:43, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:21, Scott Middleton wrote:
> > I can supply a server Gigabit LAN, 120GB of iso's. I haven't
> > ever done remote installing but i am very interested in seeing
> > how it is done. Matt and i were talking about spending some
> > time on it soon.

> We can have fun running a different DHCP server out of each
> interface, so plugging into eth1 and booting installs Debian,
> eth2 installs Mandrake, eth3 installs Fedora and so on.

The idea is for the machines to come up with a grub menu, and the
user selects which distro.

If the Installfest gets big; then you need one netbooting grub
server, and maybe several others for each distro... well; I said
BIG!

Most distros will install via FTP/HTTP/NFS, so making them available
is relatively trivial; compared to grubbing the boot process.