[plug] Realplayer proxy

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 07:24:34 WST 2004

> AFAIK, the X server does not forward audio to your client.. I'll stand
> correction here, but I'm _prettty_ sure that X handles the visual side
> only.. X forwarding realplayer will have the sound playing on the X server
> machine hardware.

Yep, that's my understanding too. In fact, I'm not sure if the video will go
over the X protocol either. The guy at the other end is pretty sure he can
get things to work as required, and as it's really his problem I'm happy to
see what he comes up with. I have a sneaky suspicion that he's going to end
up sending me the .rm file for me to play locally. :o)

--
> eatapple
core dump