[plug] USB questions further info needed

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Jan 3 15:03:19 WST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:20:12AM +0800, laurie anderson wrote:
>   $ lspci
>   $ 00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce USB Controller (rec c3)
>   $ 00:03.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce USB Controller (rec c3)

This is an OHCI controller (I only know because I have a machine
with the same one :). Hence instead of:

>   $ modprobe usb-uhci

You'll need to do "modprobe usb-ohci" for a start, and install
hotplug (somehow - depending on your distribution). Then things
might start working :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>