[plug] Smoothwall 2.0

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Sat Jan 3 17:52:23 WST 2004

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:16:00 +0800, Rob Davies wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 23:44, J Michael Gilks wrote:
>> Just upgraded my smoothwall to 2.0 and since this is the season for
>> upgrades,
>> thought I might share a little experience with those about to suffer.
>
> Does Smoothwall 2 support ISDN DoV?

ISDN - yes, not real sure about the DoV though?
www.traverse.com.au used to be resellers for SmoothWall, but now support IPCop ( www.ipcop.org ), so may be worth a look there as well?

I am currently using SmoothWall 2, but am keenly waiting for a beta or full release or IPCop 1.4.0.  The gui on 1.4 is ->heaps<- better than 1.3 and both (IMHO) provide a lot more detail than SmoothWall.  I had to have a look at SmoothWall 2 to see how the finished product is.  It does have a professional finish but the proxy logs being displayed in GMT only is a bit of a let down.

I started off using SmoothWall a few years back then changed to IPCop (and my own custom gui) after losing faith in the SmoothWall team.  Both are not big d/loads (approx 30Mb) and there are a few alpha releases of the new IPCop if you are keen?

regards,
  Nathan D.

 . natdan at pobox.com .     /     \
 . Western   Australia .  -> \_,-._/