[plug] Backimg up entire drive

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jan 5 21:15:19 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:
> I assume that's the OpenServer machine (no pgrep + ntpd that crashes)?

Nope. It's actually the core linux server; ntpd keeps on dying and I
haven't yet found out why. Not that I've really tried so far... it's on
the (long) to-do list.

The 'no pgrep' is actually just me being an idiot - I never knew about
it until quite recently, and `ps aux | grep` has become quite a habit.
That said, I /did/ start out on OpenServer, and its obsolete braindamage
and lack of basic commands has not helped one bit.

Craig Ringer