[plug] apt-proxy

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Tue Jan 6 08:54:07 WST 2004

Hi All,

About a year and a half ago I setup an apt-proxy on my debian gateway
so that my other debian machines could all pull their packages from
that. It has always run relatively slow, ie. I get timeouts and
sometimes the download is measured in bytes. I assumed that it was
probably because I was running it over a wireless link that I hadn't
really spent the time fine tuning.

Now I have just setup one at work and I am getting similar
results...slower speeds, timeouts and "unexpected end of file" errors.
Am I doing something wrong or is apt-proxy a bit dodgy? I would have
expected better speeds once the proxy has downloaded the files its
rather odd.

Adam.