[plug] Looking for a good rescue disk

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jan 6 11:32:50 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> As per subject - I'm after a Linux rescue `disk' which I can netboot.
> ATM what I really need it for is resize2fs so the woody install CD is
> out, and it looks as though tomsrtbt is no help here either :(

I ran into this unfortunate issue with the Debian boot disks the other
day. I eventually compiled a static version of resize2fs, popped it on
an NFS-accessable volume, mounted the NFS volume from the boot disk and
used it from there.

That said - I'm sure there's a better way. There's always a Knoppix CD
if you can CD-boot the machine, but I don't know what's out there for
netboot rescue disks. I've got a home-built one here, but it's rather
less than polished.

Craig Ringer