[plug] Ximian Evolution

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jan 7 11:24:40 WST 2004

Margo wrote:
> Is it possible to run Evolution in windows at all? Using cygwin or
> anything like that??

AFAIK there is no Windows port of Evolution. To get it working under
Cygwin, you'd need to install gtk2, various other libraries, and
probably large chunks of GNOME, neither of which were packaged by Cygwin
last time I used it. This means quite a bit of compiling.

As I personally don't use a calendar app, I don't know what ones are
considered good choices. I understand that most people on Windows just
use MS Outlook's calendar.

Craig Ringer