[plug] Raid rescue

Adam Hewitt adam.hewitt at globaldial.com
Wed Jan 7 12:22:08 WST 2004

On 07/01/2004, at 12:05 PM, Cameron Patrick wrote:

<SNIP>

> If you have a copy of the kernel you were using on that machine stored
> on a non-RAIDed partition:
>
> *nudge* GRUB boot floppy/CD and then apt-get install grub to prevent
> this
> from happening again *nudge*
>
> If you don't have a copy of the kernel, you'll have to rebuild one as
> per Andrew's advice.
<SNIP>

I can get the kernel image from a non-raid partition, but how can I go
about making a boot *cd* and get it to use my kernel image? this server
doesn't have a floppy drive and if I am going to go to this effort I
may as well do it properly and make a CD so I can quickly fix issues
such as this in the future.

Adam.