[plug] Ximian Evolution

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Jan 7 13:25:10 WST 2004

Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> A quick look at freshmeat shows a number of calendars, including php
> based ones - would that be a better approach?

I have spent several weeks downloading and trying a stack of different
linux based calendars. Php based ones are just too damn clumsy when
compared to Evolution and dare I say it, Outlook. phpGroupware is good.
Really good, but it just does not have the level of polish and usability.

I too have settled on Evolution for calendaring and contact management.
I don't use it for E-mail, in fact it lives in a UML and is not allowed
anywhere near my server, but it sync's perfectly with my iPAQ running
opie for pim purposes.

Brad