[plug] testing nic

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jan 7 16:37:05 WST 2004

Ryan Smith wrote:
> A hour later Im still waiting.
> 10-15 minutes is a while but this is rediculus.
> surely there must be another way to do this.

It should certainly not take an hour. You say the disk activity light is
still on? Weird - I can't see how it could be still trying after an hour
if it's run into an out-of-memory error or bad sector.

It's entierly possible that the Debian boot-floppies just can't be
loaded without more than 8mb of memory, but I'd expect to see some form
of error if the system had run out of memory.

Craig Ringer