[plug] graphic driver Debian

smclevie smclevie at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jan 7 17:12:28 WST 2004

Hi all,

Does anyone have a relatively simple and safe way to install a graphic
driver (from source I should imagine) for Debian??

I am running a wholly 'stable' Debian on an Intel D865GBFLK which is a
current Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz motherboard.  I see no support for the like in
the XFree86 site.

The Intel website has Redhat drivers for the motherboard including the
graphic driver but there is little documentation and certainly not Debian
specifically!

The Redhat versions are gz files which when untarred become a series of
folders with various files of code.  No RPMs that I see.  No config files
either.  There is one install.sh file.  Precious little documentation to
aid Linux users other than Redhat by Intel generally...

Thanks in advance,

Steve.