[plug] LINE was: Re: Ximian Evolution

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Jan 8 18:18:58 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 17:24, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> OMG.
>
> line!
>
> I hadn't seen that. According to page its sorta-working already.
>
> I think my brain just fell out.
>
> how damn cool is that?
>
> As much as I dislike windows, it'd be handy to be able to run lin progs on
> machines I'm forced to use it on.

Yeah, although it seems all the apps he tested have Win32 ports or
similar programs on Windows anyway.

And trying to get all the dependencies might be a tidy challenge. I
think it may work much better if you can reference a linux installation
(using EXT2IFS) as well as your LINE directory. Like you do with WINE
and a Win9x install.

> This just makes my day.

And probably your evening until early the next morning as well (;

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.