[plug] Missing Debian packages from mirrors

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 9 17:31:21 WST 2004

In message <1073640180.1033.49.camel at syngery>
on Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:23:00PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Anyone noticed that lots of packages seem to be missing from wa. au.deb
> and au.deb mirrors?
>
> I tried installing gnumeric and unrar without success.

What versions and platforms are you referring to? E.g. if you look at
<ftp://ftp.it.net.au/debian/pool/main/g/gnumeric/> there are several
versions available for several platforms. Does it include yours? For
unrar, it is located in the non-free section and that appears to be
empty on the it.net mirror. It is available at ftp.uwa.edu.au for the
time being. I have multiple sources in my sources.list files and I
haven't encountered any uninstallable packages yet.