[plug] Janome Customiser 10000 software

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Sun Jan 11 22:44:34 WST 2004

Evening list,

You may remember me writing about getting some Debian logos for my grandmas
embroidary machine and later mentioning that I was going to setup the Morphix lite
install with XFce for on a machine for her if I could get the Customiser 10000 software
running under WINE.

I started this knowing full well that if it didn't work i'd have to just give her Windows 98.
The machine I'm going to give her already has Windows 98 on it so I tried installing the
software. On his occasion I get the error:

The MSVCRT.DLL is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL RtGetNtVersionNumbers

However, running under WINE without so much as a Windows install, not even a vfat
partition I am able to get it to run like a dream.  All I needed to do was download
stdole32.tlb and place it in the ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System folder.

Note this post is NOT a request for technical help of the above error (of course this
not a Windows list ;-) but rather a testomy that somtimes software runs better under
Linux with WINE than it does  under Windows!

Now to see how my verbally agressive, Windows using Aunt reponds when she finds
out I've given my Grandma a Linux machine. I guess if everything works then she has
nothing to complain about!

One thing I probably should ask though is are there any gothchas with those 7in1's
Compact flash readers running under Linux?

regards,

Chris Caston