[plug] web site down.

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Mon Jan 12 14:25:02 WST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, quoth James Devenish:

> Yeah, sometimes the xbox is non-operational when spark goes down, due to
> NIS (or, at least, that used to be an explanation).

I have a feeling it's more to do with NFS than NIS - when the NFS server
goes down any processes accessing it will block, and eventually the
machine runs out of file handles.. This can be prevented by using the
"soft" option on the nfs mount, but that apparently has its own problems.

I couldn't test this theory since I could not even ssh into the xbox - and
we did not end up modifying the controller ports so can't plug a (USB)
keyboard into it. (haven't really needed one)

Also, when Spark crashed it appears to have corrupted the mailman archive.
I'm still trying to work out the best way to fix it.

 - Matt