[plug] SATA & Debian

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Jan 14 17:32:43 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 17:16, Tim Bowden wrote:
;snip

> Going with SATA also gives the ability to drop in 10,000 rpm disks in
> about 12 - 18 months time when they are much cheaper and our needs are
> greater.
>
> Tim Bowden

Yeah those will rock but what i'd like to know is the quality and
technical specs of the onboard SATA controller before I buy. Will it be
able to handle the bandwidth required to get the speed increase given by
a 10,000 rpm SATA drive?

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.