[plug] When is the next installfest?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jan 15 17:36:19 WST 2004

In message <40065D1E.3010301 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:27:58PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> James Devenish wrote:
> >A non-trivial number of people choose to use 'testing' for personal
> >workstations
> True enough, and fair enough. I find the recent apparent assumption,
> though, that 'debian == testing unless stated otherwise' to be
> interesting. That's really what I was trying to point out,

Oh, I see. I wasn't imagining the '== testing' part so much, I was
really just replying to Simon's remark in the context of the original
poster who was wanting to upgrade a package to a version that was
apparently outside his immediate web of dependencies -- this sounded
analogous to adding 'testing' to a Debian 'stable' system (which has
been a successful strategy for me).