[plug] The Dunking of Linus (and other people)

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Sat Jan 17 19:26:07 WST 2004

Onno Benschop wrote:

>Your little photo series made me feel more part of the Linux community
>than I have for a long time. I'm sitting at my keyboard reading names of
>guys who's software I use daily, and now I know what some of them look
>like.

Its been great and I'm hopefully going to save some pennies and make it
over to Canberra next year for LCA2005 under my own steam.  What has
been really good is that pretty much all of the speakers of the sessions
I've been to have been very approachable.  Its been pretty good to meet
a couple of people from Perth in the flesh also.

Seeing who some of these people are who have written some of the
fantastic software that I/I've use/used has been great.  I seriously
recommend going to LCA2005 to anyone if it ends up being half as good as
the one this year thats for sure.  I'm glad that one of the tutorials I
missed in favour of another one, made it into the best papers today, so
I got to see the repeat of it (it was Tridge's "A tour of my junkcode
directory" session).

>Thanks again!

No worries :)

/ Ben