[plug] domain not showing up when using dig

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Tue Jan 20 23:49:14 WST 2004

Sorry for replying so late been very busy putting in a upgrade of a  Novell network.  But that worked speedster. I thought it was already in the file bit it wasn't, plus discovered a minor typo.

Jlm

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> speedster at westnet.com.au 8:28:35 pm 7/01/2004 >>>
When I dig any @ns1.ausregistry.net I get this result

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
mmtnetworks.com.au.     3600    IN      NS      ns1.mmtnetworks.com.au.
mmtnetworks.com.au.     3600    IN      NS      ns2.mmtnetworks.com.au.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.mmtnetworks.com.au. 3600    IN      A       203.153.242.18
ns2.mmtnetworks.com.au. 3600    IN      A       203.153.242.19

but I get a "name or service is unknown" when I try to dig against
either of those name servers. Try adding the A records for ns1 and ns2
to the zone.