[plug] 64 bit machines

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Mon Jan 26 09:48:14 WST 2004

Chris,

> That may be true but Windows still runs on no where near as many
> different hardware architectures as Linux.

Putting it bluntly who cares what architectures it doesn't run on. It runs
on most of the world's desktops...Microsoft seem to be pitching their
product at the right architecture.

Linux won't become a mainstream operating system while we continue to be
uber-technical geeks who don't deliver products the market will use.

DSL

[yes, I'm spiralling into grumpiness]

--
"The old world will burn in the fires of industry,
  The forrests will fall...