[plug] 64 bit machines

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 26 11:52:22 WST 2004

David Lloyd wrote:

> Michael,

> [..]
>
> No, the best operating system for the market at the moment is Microsoft
> Windows. It's proven by its sales and by the fact it *is* almost everywhere.
> It's only inferior on the grounds that you [and maybe even I] believe that
> it's inferior...
 >
 > [..]

AFAIK, Windows is almost everywhere because of Microsoft Tax == OEM
contracts that require Windows to be preinstalled on every PC leaving
the showroom.

I think if Windows was a good enough product they would not need to
bundle it with computer systems to keep market share. Linux does not
need to be bundled to gain market share but Microsoft has this idea that
the only way to get their product(s) to have the most market share is by
illegally using market leverage.