[plug] Fwd: SCO Group

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 27 13:09:18 WST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:56, sscott at iinet.net.au wrote, quoting ACCC:
>> This matter raises a number of complex issues involving the
>> interaction of intellectual property rights and the provisions of
>> the Trade Practices Act that cover misleading and deceptive
>> conduct. At this stage the matter is being evaluated by the ACCC
>> and a decision has not been made as to what, if any, further action
>> might be taken.

The issues are very simple: SCO ANZ has threatened to send letters
demanding monies with menaces. They have offered no substantial proof,
and even the insubstantial so-called proof so far offered has been
resoundingly falsified (and that before they publicly threatened the
letters). This makes it a DPP issue, I think. Hello, Fraud Squad.

Cheers; Leon