[plug] Telstra rort

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 27 17:05:56 WST 2004

You should have done the work yourself. If you can find the local
exchange (not a RIM pillar) and its not more than 3Km from you, and if
Telstra advise that there is no Pair Gain (they can tell you over the
phone) then you'll be right. Worked for me :)

Otherwise you can grab your next-door neighbours phone number and
address and do a free service test with whatever provider (takes about a
week).

You are still right about the idiocy of Telstra not being able to
provide this information without all the run-around.

Regards
Michael Collard