[plug] Telstra rort

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 27 19:32:44 WST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:38, Ben New wrote:
> I think I'm going to find it a
> little difficult to provide web development and especially hosting
> with a 28.8kbps connection.

Find someone else in the area who _is_ ADSL capable and point a wireless
antenna at them.

Meantime, if you don't mind proxied access (i.e. requests go through my
webserver and any due to yours are then forwarded) you're welcome to
drop a box at my place (512/128kb ADSL) until you make a better
arrangement. Pay for some power if "until" stretches to months. (-:

My plan gives me at least 28GB a month (max of both directions as 14GB
peak + 14GB midnight-8AM) which is effectively infinite (I've never
exceeded 6GB). If you want a 1536/256 or 512/512 link, just pay the
delta ($55/mo). The 512/512 link is limited at "only" 14GB (rate
limited at 96kb after that) instead of 32GB or you can pay $7.70 a GB
instead. WAIX traffic is free.

Cheers; Leon

Cheers; Leon