[plug] [OT] domain name registration

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 22:18:07 WST 2004

Oh wow. Yeah.

Perth Indymedia tried to get  perthimc.org.au but we needed all of this
corporate ID that made no sense at all from the perspective of a loosely
knit bunch of amatures with cameras. However we could go for an asn.au,
and I refused to go for a .org . I think this just means that someone
could grab perthimc.org where we are SUPPOSED to be and nothing we can do
because we are not a company. This makes no sense to me.

Shayne.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.