[plug] [OT] domain name registration

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Wed Jan 28 14:58:19 WST 2004

> >  wouldnt that cost $$$ ? Like around $1000 ? A bit excessive for what
you
> > want to achieve.
>
> I remember years ago people talking about "$2 shelf companies". At $2
(even $20) it would be worth it, obviously at $1000 not.. THAT's why I was
offering.. 8^)==

I think that would refer to the company being worth $2.  So if there was two
shareholders, each shareholder would have a share value of $1 each.  And
therefore each shareholders liability is limited to $1 ( I am talking Pty.
Ltd. companies here).  I setup a company 12 months ago (transferred shares
from shelf company and renamed it obviously) and that cost me ~$1000.  You
also have to pay ASIC some lodgement fees as well.

cheers