[plug] Email Addresses in archive - again

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 17:42:38 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <1075280710.25091.64.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:35:10PM +1030, Onno Benschop wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why I need to raise the topic of unencrypted email
> addresses in the plug archive again - as I recall, this was sorted out
> months ago.

I can't remember if the Mailman archives did get sorted out, but I'm
pretty sure they came online long after the problem was last pointed
out. As to why addresses are not judiciously dealt with -- not sure,
looks like an old Mailman version (I would like to see it upgraded for a
number of reasons). Garry mentioned the archiving problem, too. However,
the available Mailman obfuscation options appeared to have been set
correctly (when I last looked -- I just rechecked, too) and I'm not sure
that anyone with sufficient access to the mail host has been aware of
the problem.
Do not read below this line if you don't have a sense of humour.

> I was wondering why my spam load was increasing...

More people hate you than ever before.