[plug] [OT] domain name registration

Senectus - senectuskal at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:18:48 WST 2004

"In my years of teaching people how to use the Internet, very few members
of the public "just stick a .com on the end" - the reason that they
don't, is because no-one has told them the rules of domain names and
misinformation such as spread by you and others just perpetuates this."

Mate, in my experience most people on the net were not "educated" about
using anything "internet".
The internet in "my opinion" (of which I'm entitled too ;-) ) is the single
largest collection of ignorant people in the world.

The fact is that many companies will try to obtain a .com basically because
it IS the most recognizable domain in the public eye. On the up side.. the
more this is abused the less true it will be, because .com 's will run out
and necessity will produce other very "publicly visible/recognisable"
domains.

Senectus

"Imagine a school with children that can read and write, but with teachers
who cannot, and you have a metaphor of the Information Age in which we
live."   - Peter Cochran