[plug] [OT] domain name registration

sscott at iinet.net.au sscott at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 29 10:06:57 WST 2004

Quoting Russ Powers <russ at powerstech.com>:

> And what I'm saying is that a business should maximise its return on
> investment any way it legally can and is acceptable to it's
> shareholders. Until it is illegal to register a .com unless you are a
> yank, companies can and will do it.
>
> If you have a business and it starts to do well (even if it doesn't)
> somebody may very well grab the .com and try to get customers that were
> looking for you. IMHO it's poor business to risk this for less than
> AU$15 per year.

You're an obvious pragmatist is the land of the technological purists.

Keep your head down as much as you can just like I do, and things go much
smoother. :)

ps. I agree with you, in my experience most end-users will type in
businessname.com as the first port of call. They think they are internet savvy
when they do it. If for one would always register the .com and .com.au where
possible.