[plug] Xine help needed

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jan 29 14:17:22 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 29/01/2004 02:12 PM
-----

                      Onno Benschop
                      <onno at itmaze.com.        To:       PLUG <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      au>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [plug] Xine help needed
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      29/01/2004 02:04
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 16:14, Richard Meyer wrote:
>> What obvious piece am I missing, please.

>The Debian installer?

Well, I was hoping for something just a *little* bit more helpful than
that. ;)

>Sorry, I've been writing software all day, my brain is going to mush and
>I needed some light relief...

It's ok, you've had a hard day fighting about domain names - we understand.
:)

>Just for the record, the Debian dependencies for xine are - perhaps this
>will assist in a more constructive manner:
>        Package: xine-ui
>        Section: graphics
>        Installed-Size: 2364
>        Maintainer: Siggi Langauf <siggi at debian.org>
>        Architecture: i386
>        Version: 0.9.8-4
>        Replaces: xine
>        Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libpng2(>=1.0.12), libxine0 (>=
0.9.8-2), xlibs (>> 4.1.0), zlib1g (>= >1:1.1.3)
>        Recommends: aalib1 (>= 1.2), libgpmg1 (>= 1.19.6-1), slang1 (>>
1.3.0-0)
>        Conflicts: xine (<<0.5.0), libxine0 (>= 0.9.9)
>        Filename: pool/main/x/xine-ui/xine-ui_0.9.8-4_i386.deb

One of the packages I reported was xine-ui-fb-0.9.22-1mdk, which I hoped
would do whatever xine-ui does. Does anyone know which RPM contains the
xine executable.

Thanks
RM

PS excuse the horrible headers, please.