[plug] Xine help needed

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jan 29 14:20:58 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 29/01/2004 02:18 PM
-----

                      James Devenish
                      <devenish at guild.u        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      wa.edu.au>               cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [plug] Xine help needed
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      29/01/2004 02:13
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>In message <1075356246.21984.31.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
>on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:34:06PM +1030, Onno Benschop wrote:
>> Just for the record, the Debian dependencies for xine are - perhaps this
>> will assist in a more constructive manner:
>>         Package: xine-ui

>And it installs /usr/bin/xine

>BTW just searched with Google and clicked on a sundry link. Found this:
>
>http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/xine-ui-fb-0.9.18-1mdk.i586.html

>    Files
>    /usr/bin/fbxine
>    /usr/share/doc/xine-ui-fb-0.9.18
>    /usr/share/doc/xine-ui-fb-0.9.18/COPYING
>    /usr/share/doc/xine-ui-fb-0.9.18/README

>One way to find newly-installed executables quickly in zsh is to invoke
>`rehash; hash | fgrep xine` -- there may be an equivalent in your shell.

I did do a rehash, followed by an "updatedb", followed by a "find" and
there was a "xine-config" or something, but no other joy.

Thanks for the link, I'll check this out.

RM

_