[plug] Xine help needed

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:50:48 WST 2004

Jugdging by all the advice given containing the text *mdk* and *rpm*, I can
give a bit of advice, jsut compile it from source, xine isn't very hard to
compile, fairly simple configure, make, make install deal. Go to xinehq.de
and get the xine-lib and xine-ui tarball, first install xine-lib and
xine-ui. You may want to get rid of those pesky rpms though, they may get in
the way of the scripts and certain libraries. Given all of the problems
you're having getting the right packages though, I'd say it's quicker and
easier to just compile it, plus the added benefit of a fully optimised
package. :)

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"