[plug] Conversion to PDF

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 29 20:18:03 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message <4018F487.8040601 at westnet.com.au>
> on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 07:54:47PM +0800, Kai wrote:
>
>>we use Adobe Writer at work with Office 2000 and I haven't seen any
>>slow rendering problems or anything like that.
>

> I wonder what versions people have used to send documents to me.
> Some of them apologise about their PDFs in advance. Tables seem
> especially worse than other aspects.

I tried to persuade my boss to let us use Open/StarOffice as a
replacement for MS Office because OOo has built in PDF conversion - he
said fine, if I could get the exported PDF's to work the same from OOo
as they currently do from MS O2k then he'd include it in his submissin
to council and include the money saving factor in the submission. I
couldn't get the PDF's to convert properley so the inter-PDF's links
worked, that and the layout and framework of the PDF's from OOo looked
considerably different to those produced by O2k + Adobe Acrobat and that
wasn't acceptable, so for now we're stuck with O2k + Adobe Acrobat.