[plug] debian startup scripts

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 30 13:06:53 WST 2004

I have some questions regarding Debians startup script that I would like to clarify:

1) I understand that the scripts in /etc/rc2.d are in a certain order when the server boots up.  If the Snn is in the wrong order do I do a remove of the script and re-install the script and assign it the number it should be?

2) If a certain script takes a while to finish and the next script is depending on the previous script to be up can I put in a sleep command in the script and willit hold up the remaining scripts?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby