[plug] Dude, where is my HD space gone?

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Jul 1 21:53:08 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 19:26, Aesop Beetlebum wrote:
> Alrighty then.
>
> Will take the 5% root allocation explanation. I now remember reading about
> it some time ago [sheepish grin].
>
> Thanks All.
> Ambrose.

Yeah I have to be really careful when selling harddrives. I tell the
customer that they won't get the full 120 gig for various technical
reasons. Although it does look bad to be missing several gigabyte from a
harddrive it's just the reality of the situation.

There's nothing worse than someone wanting their money back on something
that is perfectly good and can't be RA'd.

regards,

Chris