[plug] installing hp printer - problem.

Lee Jamieson lee.jamieson at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 2 11:05:43 WST 2004

Hiya all.  I'm trying to install my Hp 5550 printer.  I've downloaded
the 1.5 version of the hpijs tar.gz, rather than the 1.6 version - as
the 1.6 version is about 50% smaller than the 1.5 version.

I have followed the instructions for installing it, but I get an error
after I type in ./configure

The terminal shows this :

> [root at localhost hpijs-1.5]# ./configure
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

And I'm wondering if I didn't install a "C compiler" when I installed Linux.

Any suggestions?

Lee