[plug] Quick Python question

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 2 12:21:24 WST 2004

I want to save the standard input into a scratch file in Python.

Will
    import sys
    import tempfile
    tempfile.tempdir = '/tmp'

    # save input to scratch file
    scratch, scratch_name = tempfile.mkstemp(suffix='', prefix='maildoc.')
    scratch.write(sys.stdin.read())
    scratch.close()

in 2.3 do the trick? For arbitrary input content?

Seems like mkstemp is new with Python 2.3 so a few more hoops in 2.2.