[plug] back up over network

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Jul 3 01:48:16 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 23:16, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> > Regarding the issue of cloning a mounted device, I must agree - I think
> > it's insane. You appear to be using ISO9660
>
> Assuming these are the machines that I think they are, Ryan isn't
> really using ISO 9660, but actually ext3 (or ext2?).  Probably he
> called the file .iso out of habit...

Heh, you're probably right. It did strike me as rather strange. That's
why I use '.img' or '.image'.

I can imagine some serious frustration if the image also came out in the
650MB range (as root FSes on my machines often do). Hmm... or would
Linux just mount the ext2 CD read only? I must try that...

--
Craig Ringer