[plug] mail flood

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Jul 3 04:03:55 WST 2004

Hi folks

I'm just wondering - is anybody else's mail server melting under a flood
of bogus mail right now, or is it just me? I'm seeing a couple of
messages per second.

It looks a lot like another mass mailing worm, and a really aggressive
one. I discovered the problem when I started getting warnings about my
mail server's spool partition filling up!

About 50% of the mail is addressed to 'inq <at> ryda.com.au' which is
just weird.

Symantec doesn't seem to know anything about it.

If anybody else is unfortunate enough to be awake and thinking work
right now, it might be time to batten down the hatches.

--
Craig Ringer