[plug] mail flood

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Sat Jul 3 16:05:31 WST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, quoth Craig Ringer:

> (of course, there's going to be some easy dedicated command line tool to
> do it like uudecode does).

I use "munpack" (and "mpack" is handy for quickly sending a file via
email)

My only grumble about munpack is that it will only decode one email at a
time.  Would be really handy if it would strip the attachments out of an
entire mbox.

I use it daily - I read my email via Pine on the mailserver, and
when someone sends me an attachment I want to view, I (B)ounce it to an
email account directly on my laptop (junk@<hostname>) and then use
"munpack ~mail/junk" to decode it. Much easier than saving to file, and
then copying via scp/ftp, more so when dealing with multiple attachments.

 - Matt