[plug] Anyone got an 802.11g card working?

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Sun Jul 4 17:25:01 WST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Alan Graham wrote:

> different story).  I decided to use this as an excuse to install an
> access point, climb up onto the roof with an antenna, join freenet...
> etc.
>
> I've checked the mandrake site for supported hardware, but they don't

If you are using an access point, then it's no trouble. Ethernet interface
and http/html configuration, as for ADSL modems.

However, there doesnt seem to be any point using 'G' versions for freenet.
Looking at the specs, the give higher speed at short range, but no extra
range at 'b' speeds. 802.11b cards are better supported in Linux.

--
Reading this .sig? So are your customers.